Be the First
Do you ever find yourself waiting on the other person? Whether it’s a simple greeting or a fight that has yet to be resolved, I believe it’s human nature to wait for the other to be the bigger person and act first.
In those situations, it becomes like a chess game where you’re waiting — almost anticipating— the other person’s move. However, you wait and wait until it’s too late without recognizing how an opportunity has just passed by.
After listening to a recent Tim Ferriss podcast episode, I’m inspired to “be the first.”
Be the first to:
- Smile and say hello.
- Apologize and take responsibility.
- Say thanks and express gratitude.
- Lend a helping hand.
- Open up and share my failures.
- Listen instead of speak.
- Break silence and talk things out.
- Stand up for someone or something I believe in.
- Empathize and demonstrate compassion.